TAB

10/04/2010

Black howl - Chapter.6 Archive (part 1)

Kardien note.

1. English isn’t my mother language. I learned hard to English during a few months. I had plan writing in English. I wrote several stories in my mother language before. I still feel difficult to English writing. It takes a long time to finished first chapter.
Please, if you find the wrong sentence, see it mildly, and then give to me the advice or the criticism. These will make my sentence better.

2. My writing speed still is slow. Finished one chapter, it takes many times. I’m still learning English.

3. I had read book and watched drama for my good English skill during several days, and also This Chapter takes long time. I don’t fully finish this chapter. I think I’m late. I’m trying for good story and writing speed.
Can I ask you favor? If you will leave advice about story, it will help my story.


Black Howl.
By Kardien Lupus.


Chapter.6 Archive (part 1)

I decided doing more like canine. She said about human part that made me bothered. When I thought forest which she once mentioned, we were working in Red market Street.
“There is Archive, right there.”
She pointed front side. Worn red wooden gate stood in End of street. Gate was part of wall; white wall was high and wide, was covered marble.
“This is not wall. It is just section of Archive.”
She announced to me as if she read my thought. I looked up her that she wore same worn clothes which wore few days before night. She concentrated her sight at wall or gate. I thought her another mention she said about the book.
She had talk with gate guards. She showed a paper that guards examined it in seconds. One of guard said okay. They seemed familiar to this sort of event. I didn’t know what Archive is. I just guessed many people like her used this gate.
Apparently(from her), This Archive once had been scholar’s academy that took on cradle of study. Academy demolished long time before; people built new thing centuries ago. However now this buildings used little different way.
Human seemed so enlightened in now that they didn’t need any sort of old era’s logic. Academy was abandoned that buildings used other way. Marble building had many wide rooms that were fit for store something like paper. Impressive white building used city’s storage in now.
She crossed inner ground; pavestones made smack sound against her black shoes; Shoes tied ribbon might be red or pink. Place seemed really wide. However it was stored City’s papers, bureaucrat’s papers that meant it was very stuffy place. Bureaucrats made amount of paper even I was mere wolf but I knew it.
“Do you think people have many say in these days?”
“They always have chattering. Even it contained little sort of right or enlightenment but I think chattering mob never get different.”
When she crossed ground then opened one of document room, two men were talking in their table.
“I need to have some check up in this place. Can I do it? I have a confirmation.”
Her worn dress was tied at waist; skirt little wavered with her step. Two low bureaucrats studied her dress. Their talk interrupted. They liked female as most bureaucrats did. This place was filled by stuffs(documents) that their surveying was fit for this circumstance. I thought they might didn’t meet female in this place.
“This confirmation was right. It hasn’t any problem.”
 One of them said as examined her document like her dress. She turned from two men but they called her before she went toward document shelves.
“What do you want find?”
Another man asked. I watched man’s face it was little ruddy that he might think my mistress was good female to him. I was unpleasant and hate this rouge man but before I backed to him she called me.
“Some documents.”
She said to man lately as entered book shelf.
“Have you right confirmation?”
I asked that words were my first human language in day. I was thinking should reduce human’s word because I wanted more canine. I carved her saying which from that night.
“I have sub administrator’s confirmation. That cohort was roberui’s friend.”
She said as watched to archivists over document shelf.
“Did you read word?”
She asked began searching document boxes. I shook my head. Paper smell filled in place that I hated it since living in bronze hall. It was rotting by little worm.
“Anyway, I should find document. Apparently some old books were moved to this city before several decades. One of these books can be a Book which I finding it. It may be stored in library or sold or nothing.”
She was keeping her looking. Many wooden boxes seated in each racks. These racks combined that shelves stood in this place. All seemed large repetitive pattern. Bureaucrat made many unnecessary papers that were revealed in real, as slowly rotted papers and amount of regular stack.
“I’m finding Archive’s old recode. What reason is; ‘Apparently’, a Book moved near by my house. I may, I may trace it.”
She said. I heard her voice in many times since I met her at first. Now I felt her voice is cozy and it seemed more like fabric than sound. She was warm person except she also contained some dark thing.
“Oh!”
She stuck one box with her elbow. It dropped near her side. She dodged it with fast speed like me. But I looked to it as didn’t move to back. Observe new thing was important to wolf. Wolves learned from observing. Box’s cover threw down front of me. Wood box stood by its side that contents spoiled to bottom. These were some yellowed papers, dust, and one wrecked book. These were so old that I noticed she was finding in amid of dust. It seemed like dig through old ages.
“Can I help-, you shouldn’t break our valuable materials.”
One of Archivist stood behind me. He wore red vast and had clear hair in human standard. He made awkward smile as looked at threw box.
“I’m sorry but I should find something. I needed it.”
She excused in cozy voice. Trimmed young man stare me as if I made mistake then shoved me for clear box and materials. I jumped through wrecks for follow her. She ignored clearing and kept finding.
“I Find it.”
When sky was deep, came through wide windows, she made smile in other room. She grasped one paper. It was old that seemed almost shattered.
“This paper said antique debris moved to north library. I might get it easily. North library stood in Five kings’ Streets, that hill.”
She made mild smile as patted my head. You don’t need commercial finder. I thought.
“Do we go that hill? When I lived in cage, I went that often. I’m afraid someone or our kind finds me.”
I asked as used human words. I reminded my determined. I want became more canine since heard her saying about human part. However it melted during her finding. In the new place, many things existed; human’s things usually complex that I used human’s words, also this moment especially.
“I should bring you to forest later. But this time important to me. I should go that place. Can you accept my request?”
My feeling bothered it but she was my owner. She didn’t use dog’s treat though I had submissive to dark thing before. I had no right but also her patting hand was smooth.
“Yip.”
I was morning. It was unclear acceptance. In stead of it, I thought forest. I never went there during my dog years but heard people’s saying. It was fresh place that had dense woods, insect and animals. I dreamed it many sleeps. I could imagine it. She gave hope to me. I thought.
“Owner, did you think it was dangerous?”
After her finding she and I were going back to building which was empty and Roberui settled in. I asked that I remembered invasion to her red house.
“A little, our bad tax officer only cans little control in city, because City has many scavengers like him. We will just give little caution.”
She said. Market place crowed by many people. They went through me and mistress In back and front. Smell flowed as many as people. What lurked in this land that City was various place.
“What did you with Reberui, owner?”
We reached empty long building. It stood end of market place. Near side was calm that only two people went through road. I asked before she shoved iron side door.
“Hmm.” She sighed. “You had seen it and may know why I concern just normal tax officer’s death who named herian.”
She said but this moment her smile disappeared. Suddenly I was screwed. I wanted hunching, bark to every side. She said about bloody that I smelled it. I renoticed her and Roberui’s relation. City is wide that I felt some lurking at open. I felt lurking in now Like last feeling in market Street.

She met Roberui for asking that want a confirmation. She needed simple signature which could search library without someone’s watching. Signature was fit at Cohort Uilleam Roberui’s friend. Her father was pretending as if he gives good paper but demanded quest to her. It didn’t seemed father like acting want make kill for him. I wanted snared and ears alerted but didn’t make voice. She banned it. I guessed it relation hid real point, real part.
She accepted his offer then was allowed to meet Red market’s cohort. She lied as officer’s relative at sub office. It seemed usual pretending but no one concerned. She took a paper from cohort. Time was already going afternoon when she got out from sub office.
“It is sad point why you don’t read alphabet. I want faster.”
When she read books titles in basement of north library, she murmured. I knew Alphabet, of course but only character not its mean. Wolves merely caught learning opportunity. Thus, I didn’t say this truth. I know I didn’t help at her searching.
I confused between accept and doubt, and also didn’t say. Can she find her precious book? I asked to my self. Then, I concerned other thing.
When I was born and after during one and half year, I lived in kennel. I learned many content about human civilization. It was about human’s wisdom but also contain discarding instinct.
I knew I could sniff various smells that could figure its time, condition and relation to other smells. However human want clear one thing. I learned in kennel that straight way about erase other sense. Now my one way is my mistress. She was kind breeder. I loved it point.
Anyway, I sniffed enriched air. Atmosphere was always enriched by smell. Human never knew these air, thus, they used strong perfume. Basement air was neat. I sniffed librarians that smell was few hours ago. I could imagine them. They wiped floor, brushed dust and cleaned air that had opened sky light. Wolves could think before time and before man that used smell. This basement was cleaned regularly but was half neglecting. People had so many scripts for them, as same as Archive, that ignored their past. This place only one people visited except librarians.
It was trimmed archivist who wore red vest. Smell wasn’t old, not faint. It only was left before three of four hour. It was weird. I learned this world no have many coincidence from my puppy years. I was alert. I looked up my mistress.
“A man is who work at archive. He visited these shelves before Forty-five minutes.”
I said in my concern. She was reading books titles and few pages. She interrupted after second then putted old book to its site. She saw me with her widened eyes. My alertness and her concerned met as each fair stare at other. Eyes wasn’t human’s but coal like thing’s.
“Follow me to upstairs. We should check some.”
She left basement as ignored unsearched shelves. It seemed my report changed her purpose. I stepped behind her. She walked toward desk; a librarian seated in it. He was examining several documents.
“Did someone visit basement area?”
She asked but didn’t reveal her coal eyes. Aged man saw her briefly; he seemed indifferent that he hadn’t mind at her. He moved document to side then answered.
“One man, He had indentified papers like as you. Did you have any other problem?”
He concerned her but it seemed just pavlovian action to other. He didn’t give any deep thinking like abandoned old books. And his smell was sniffed like these.
“No, I’m just curious.”
She said.
“Book need to someone’s hand. Even it was old alike debris but I think we shouldn’t forget past. I’m appreciated your visit at them. But now is closed time.”
My prediction little mistook. Man’s concern contained small truth. I didn’t know It was book or closed time. She patted my head and ordered follow her. We went out library.
“Librarian said about book because these people loved their books.”
 We stepped streets and she said. She looked around streets but I didn’t any different smell.
“It is one of good sentence; people need to know their past. Books are containing it. What is my past or me? Past is important but why do I know only book?”
She complained. Concentrate only one book seemed hard to her. I sniffed many things from street but didn’t read her coal part yet. We were continuing walking. I thought she will call coach then back to temporary habitation.
My whisker sensed air’s change. Clouds started roaming toward sky; air was moistened little. It wasn’t raining preparation but seemed City had just its climatic condition. Then I sniffed red vest man an archivist.
When I reported to her, she was surprised. Her eyes regained it glower. She searched around people as I searched it. But smell interrupted. She headed into alley as if she want avoid people’s sight. She was like watchful animal. A little after then choice seemed was wrong.
City always was looked same. It had similar buildings and houses. If I looked deeply, I could find different point. Each other had different window frame and different balcony iron but these seemed same in brief sight.
This time they were looked same. I should concern to find others that hadn’t time for looking. Same building seemed dizzy. I heard rustling sound in near buildings. Sky was deep yellow or orange that I know night would begin.
Suddenly she dodged as one of building’s window opened. She tugged my back. One was like stinger filed toward us. It hit with pavestone. Another flied to us.
She ran. Windows opened then same stingers filed to her and me. I didn’t understand it directly but I knew it associated with Red vest man. People shot something.
In next corner, she was different. I knew what would go. I backed with fear or submission. I didn’t want look it but I saw it. Dark emerged that never could see its content. It filled around with nothing but black. I thought her Milk bath. This moment was as same as that bath. Then dark disappeared, it was came. I tucked my tail and want to escape.
People came. They armed with different shape gun. It wasn’t musket and threw sharp stinger. People seemed wasn’t bad but their reward or something made them rough. They appeared then they shot their gun.
I missed her in next time because two of them popped from my back. I ran away from them to other ways for avoid their raid. I heard people’s scream from my back. However it was all; alleys seemed very calm.
People were after me. Wolves could run well but alleys seemed so weird. They are calm that I accepted but didn’t others. Air was felt stiff; Pavestones, wall and houses were sensed well. I was slowed and hesitated to around things. When I saw front, I recognized wall. It was dead-end. I turned then saw two stingers which were flying toward me.
Before these hit my body, air seemed bent unnaturally. If I forwarded little these clearly hit my fur and skin but didn’t. In this alley, bent air seemed harmonized with other things.
They wore dark clothes; sky was already dark. Two people were undifferentiated except their bright faces. I was feared them that they equipped gun but they also afraid around situation. I thought my opportunity.
I jumped at them. Fortunately, they didn’t prepare against my jumping. My body and one of two’s guns bumped; he didn’t have reaction because his two hands grasped gun’s long body. Man’s two arms disturbed my biting. Jaws didn’t concentrate its strength but I bit.
Two tough muscles snapped toward each other. Chunk of leather tucked at my throat. Skin then flesh also tucked. I swallowed these to belly. Man fell that I was on him. He struggled; hand finds his knife. I sensed it. My hunted leg pumped aching feeling. I fled; at last another people’s gun shot that made clicker sound not firing. These missed in my back.
I confused I didn’t know that I wanted attack or Just hoped for escape. I ran back through alley, felt silence that made me trembled than stained blood at lips. City could make light even in deep night, however, I didn’t find bright point from it. I inhaled air, thus, lung was filled it. I sniffed other people. My ear was backed then I concentrated my sight.
They came close me. Stiff air solidified around things and made silent. In this air, only people were moving that they seemed only alive things. I detected air and upped tail that could have long to inquiry them. I turned my head to around that buildings only had dark stone, several crack existed and identified other alleys. I choose other alley.
Human was menacing at wolf. Wolves knew some human’s way but we never used their tool. They have gun and sword that I learned it early time. I bit them some times and was still alive but these were fortune. If they completely readied at front of me, I might die. I ran through alley then found one pact. These seemed no escaped way to other part of city. Alleys closed from others.
I sensed them and tracked them. People was roaming and searching through alleys. Alleys were close without reason. I would meet them finally that I thought it deeply. I always hesitated to harm people that they had immense power. I knew I would be punished. However they raided then shot stingers that they might want to kill wolf. I urged to snarl. There had no reason mere wolf should die. I thought.
A wolf could sense many things but stiff air shut them all. It was unnatural clear mood. I only sense was moving them directly then shoved bottom with smooth paw and pad. This event made no sound that I was keeping it. I raised my shoulder, paralleled muzzle against bottom. I was keeping my walk but it meant didn’t go toward their front. I planed sneaking then would swoop them in their behind side
“Watch out.”
I briefly showed my body at them. One of three people definitely shouted but it heard mere whisper. Air devoured sound. They chased after me they want to something done at me. Many part of me were still fear, though I wasn’t desperate. I had another plan that was I never did before. I just had thought it but it seemed enough. I would confuse them.
I popped up several moments. I was running fast my wounded leg ached. I tried to ignore it that her bandage remained. Alleys had many turnings that were helped my planed. I went one alley then came out another alley. I was keeping wind like stepping; I could pop up any side. This mischief seemed like instinct. I had thought extemporarily it like as my vein taught me. I made them were flurried. Until I stood their back, I was keeping this feeling.
One of them was left from others. My heart quivered against silence and I thought. What do I do? I questioned. I was attempting to attack him then might kill him. I hesitated really it was dangerous acting against human. But silence seemed to be able to cover it. His smell was sniffed as good meat; its felt mixed my heart trembling. When he noticed something at his back, I had no time.
I was pawing then stretched muscle as prepare. I jumped toward his back that I was crashed like threw ball. I urged something that was like snarling, anger and etc. Urge was simple that it wasn’t like human’s consciousness. I tore his back side neck. It was uncovered part by coat, also weak part of human. Blood trickled then I tumbled with ‘prey’.
He didn’t act well when I crashed his neck bone. He was alive but would die. I made they showed weak point in silence and dark. Two of them were rushing toward to this place. I heard their boots’ sound and they heard friend’s short shriek. I had tasted blood, thus, I should do next step.
I ran into other alley. I heard two people’s sound. Their voice and shaking was much clear in dark. They said about order that was brought them to these alleys. One of them hissed with dead friend then Worry and fear changed to rage. I understand they should chase after something. It was me or my mistress. In this time it was me.
I knew they won’t part but might gather that covered each other’s back. I showed my body several times more. They shot strings at each time. These strings weren’t lethal that I realized it. Its sound was dreadful that needle hit stone then smashed or bent. However it was not musket which was fearful and filled by black power’s smell. They seemed choose different weapon which would use their delicate purpose. It might tranquillizing.
What they intention was; they threw out it. I showed my body in next they didn’t use their long gun. One of them who have acid smell putted out his pistol from waist that pistol was not about string thrower. It radiated gun powder smell. I dodged and one of building’s wall broken.
My felt intensified after gun shot. Alleys seemed wide but blocked in night. I had decided to clear them. What they were that they attacked me. I tasted human blood that It made they seemed more like prey. They had gun and shot at each time. But I know it; I had more strength than them. They were tiring. Two black coat people protected themselves and even attempted to attack me. But I found one point some parts of alley were fully complex and had stairs.
When I found bent stairs, I attracted them to it. They followed with one gun firing. Stairs was long but I didn’t climb it directly. I was out to nearby entrance. They arrived to it. I hid near their behind.
“Do you know what situation is in now?”
One of people said. He turned around his neck to find my existence. His pistol seemed pointed everywhere at least one time. I hid behind one house’s wall; Amount of people lived in City but Inside of wall and nearby and nearby houses never made any sort of sound like dead. I thought I was blocked by weird air. It was bothering me that I knew it. However, I should concentrate at them because their voice showed their fear. It was almost like they became easy prey by themselves.
“I don’t know but that mad wolf sought after us. No one shouted that animal roaming nearby their house. It moved like wind but no one trained animal hunting among us.”
Acid smell man gritted his teeth. Atmosphere transmitted every little sound. It felt was like I stood beside him.
“It seemed no one live near alleys. I never saw light form these window.”
His friend said. They watched out houses in middle of stairs. Air wasn’t cold to me but they might felt little chill. This was summer but chill as same as weird circumstance in this.
“This seems go through to end of these alleys. I think alleys are blocked. We came from wide place to alleys but we saw Dead-end several times. What is this thing?”
Acid man’s fellow continued as pointed upward of stairs.
“I heard from someone.” Acid man said. “We may find crack. Now, I want don’t think our order and hate that mad wolf. Let’s walk we can find exit.”
When Acid man’s words ended, I darted toward them. Moment they made wake point that I wanted to catch it. Acid man said crack and exit but my brain ignored it. I galloped toward them than choose my target. I had tasted blood that had been taught me. I was reading their shock and should finished hunt.
I bit one man’s thigh that he was Acid man’s fellow. Both of them shot me in before moment but missed. Stairs had slope they didn’t shot to lower. I had opportunity. thus, I get his flesh.
Man fell as he lost his weight in stairs. Man’s scream filled empty space which seemed isolated from other world, then I tumbled with man. Man’s body swooped to my head that I lost my biting. I shrieked as stairs hit my back but fortunately, something hold my body. Man was still tumbling then reached bottom with his short scream.
Acid man stared me in upward stairs. He could aim my aching body but didn’t. I was held by protruding part of house. He ran toward end of stairs. Limed Wall stood on it. He wandered around wall. White wall suddenly broke before he found something. Wall was collapsing that color was becoming black. Weird place demolished and disappeared.
Sound, bright and people’s living backed in alleys. I smelled dinner pot’s steam. Black coat people ran away. I moaned and got up. Sour aching swept my body. I looked down at my leg that left foreleg was still bandaged. It was unscathed during hunting and tumbling. I thought I did forbidden thing then thought her, my mistress.
I remembered her concern when I pawed stairs. Nearby house was light that weird thing fully was gone. I reached end where once white wall stood. I saw another alley and building beyond stairs’ top. Human had words which explain scared things but I didn’t know these words. Men’s blood dropped from my jaw. I feared that regained reality. I was wolf who living among human.
“What is it?”
I heard mistress’s voice. I searched it that wasn’t difficult. I sniffed sour smell that located to near empty place between bright house and other one. Two dark things stood in it. One beast felled and another overpowered it. Overpowering animal was she. Unbelievably, two beasts were talking.
“What do you say?”
Beast Who Was overpowered squeaked. Their talking wasn’t like wolf’s human words. These were perfect even they didn’t use their muzzle. Sound just popped and spread.
“This darkness.” She roared. “I never met before even I didn’t make it. My dark just flowed to white than spoiled it.” She-dark thing stared intensely to another. “I didn’t know another me like thing living in City.” She roared loudly. “Who are you and how did created your darkness?”
She asked. They started were looked like human then begun going to human shape. Dark was faded then light which from near house smooth shone their body. Two human shapes remained.
“Did you find the book? Aren’t you?”
Red vest archivist squeaked. I remembered him. He worked one of document rooms.
“You should say clearly.”
She was angry that she had blood smell. Many of smell were others’ but some of smell was her. She was angry but seemed more confused. She wore worn dress that was same as before. How did beast carry clothes when it changed to human? I questioned.
“I just keep Archive for check someone who be finding precious material. We already started to find book. We didn’t want to be bothered by something.”
He whined like canine. She gripped his collar. He shivered but she didn’t loose. I smelled him that his smell was sour but it covered blood, his blood. He was weak that he seemed pale. Empty place was shaded by night and near light faintly lit. His face wasn’t different with shadow. I didn’t want to think what happened between them.
“We? What did we mean?”
She asked. She trembled as swallowed her spit. It was human’s motion. We curled when we were anxious more activity. Human, they seemed pretended.
“You’re just indifferent thing who didn’t care or want not to concern your kin. I won’t say you’re poor but you should know some ones are different. We are gathered. You shouldn’t bother us.”
Man stared to my mistress. His dark emerged that I felt it. It was discomfortable. I had experienced it several minutes ago. Her eyes were lit. Her pale eyes were ash then were lit as coal blaze. She seemed white that she wasn’t dark. I narrowed my eyes and lip tugged to back. I watched. Wolf nature was instant and current. It wasn’t like human’s pretending. Their staring begun to look like canine’s. Pretending disappeared. Dark and white remained after they stared to each other. Man bled a lot but she exhausted. She no had dark but white.
“I should find book. Do you know anything about it?”
She questioned but no had aggression like first.
“You shouldn’t do. We didn’t want to scuffle with indifferent thing. You should do to your mind off from book, and then go away from it.”
Red vest archivist insists. He was trimmed like at morning that I saw him in document room. He was dark thing that trimness wasn’t fit for him. He changed to dark thing as if he wants to recover his right circumstance. She missed his collar as dark wolf fled to some where with quick speed. I didn’t know why I thought it was wolf.
Wolf disappeared and she sighed. I felt this wolf was most weird thing among this evening. I was wolf and watched another wolf. Celina had said she had wolf like part but I realized it at first time. Dark thing was wolf.
“I missed him. How long have you watched?”
She asked to me as lean near gray wall. She perspired with human skin. Canine didn’t perspire. She was human shape that seemed perfect but her wolf shape was ugly. Why is wolf part bad? I questioned. I felt she could linked me even smell was little but she had me like it. Bad wolf. I remembered human’s stories. I didn’t learn it from my kennel in puppyhood, I also wanted learn it, But I knew it. Why wolf was dark?
Human thought could be very complex. They concerned many ways. It could take many times or had imperfect conclusion. Dog thought easier than human. I felt missed her.
“It wasn’t long. I just heard part of you and that wolf’s conversation.”
I answered in human words. I wanted to like her but it seemed need long time. I noticed she could make dark and blocked trap or space. I looked up her that human was high.
“I’m tired.”
She said then putted her hand on her forehead.
“I didn’t know I met obstructer easily. I didn’t have enough time for inquiry. I want book but it seemed difficult.”
She seemed to no have inquiring mood. She had hurt in dark. She wasn’t bleeding that wound was beyond bleed.
“I was lone thing, just had lived in loneness. Are we still friend? I thought I had companion as you.”
She stood walked slowly forward. I followed her back. She walked to fish Market. I remembered one day. I delivered letter as messenger and sniffed fish’s smell from market. I knew she would call coach then went to somewhere that we could rest in that place.

Black howl Copyright by Kardien Lupus. kardienlupus@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment