TAB

9/11/2010

Black howl - Chapter.5 Tore out

Kardien note.

1. English isn’t my mother language. I learned hard to English during a few months. I had plan writing in English. I wrote several stories in my mother language before. I still feel difficult to English writing. It takes a long time to finished first chapter.
Please, if you find the wrong sentence, see it mildly, and then give to me the advice or the criticism. These will make my sentence better.

2. My writing speed still is slow. Finished one chapter, it takes many times. I’m still learning English.

3. I finished Chapter.5. It takes many times than I expected. I want more speed writing, show good story to you. I’m keeping effort and learn.


Black Howl.
By Kardien Lupus.


Chapter.5 Tore out

“They came at in front of me.”
She said as if she directed these cohorts. Major part of her face appeared curiosity like pup but not child.
“Is it very dangerous?”
I was success make human words in third time. I knew some serious searching cases. Cohorts used wolves in many purpose; scuffle and shout and gunfire or bite, these mixed at searching case. I had experience from bad events. It already restarted at my front.
“Man kinds, especially bureaucrats were stuck in formality.”
She mumbled or talks to only for me. She was not sharp but readied. We stood on small garden which was set inside of wall. I felt that used sniffing; was hit air touched my whisker. They didn’t make any sort of big sign, but we knew their existent.
“They approached at me for some investigation. They have which kind of discussion; we will be trapped by problem.”
She announced in calm mind. Minutes before she caught signal of invasion even I didn’t notice it. After her guide I noticed their approaching then now they approached.
“They may know only woman live in the house. They prepared in their conference but major of their mind may don’t watch out me. I’m just mere girl.”
Knock, Knock, Knock; Sound started from iron gate. Gate blocked their figures. It was iron but I felt it was like fabric curtain, would be opened. I feared it pact.
“When unexpected event came, formal people didn’t work well. They stick at their arrogant, think they will meet weak girl. If they suddenly trap, they get mess.”
Knock sound was continuing. It seemed had patient tempo. Low resonance sound kept itself. I knew procedure. Cohorts were City detectives that meant keep City’s security. They armed, also were supported by low. Out side was filled tension. Dozen of them readied from their professional; they were so proud but knew their work.
“You should not be feared. I have good plan. I just found it second before.”
She gave short attention to me.
“What will you do? I know them they are arrogant but also stiff; they know what their seat is; these are reasons they are keeping City.”
She stood on garden as curt form. Abrupt event made shocked her but now she did half of recovery. She was preparing next action.
“These are good point.” She said as was removing her clothes. I backed in worry, knew what she prepare. “But, I didn’t want serious action as they think, just will do different thing.”
When she half naked in quick her speed, She shoved statue which had shape of deer; how was funny thing, that beast had gorgeous small deer statue. Statue was clearly shoved then I saw dark color iron side door. Small door was I saw at moon night that her private route.
“Please! Just a minute.”
When she disappeared, only her sound came to main gate. It was odd that my ears didn’t catch it root. It just appeared on back of main gate. Chain of Knock sound stopped. “I’m guard-chief Kraft. Where are you? If you don’t bother me, I want talk to you.” A soft mid-aged voice invaded at first.
I appreciated they didn’t bring any my kind, never sniffed other wolves. Door was pushed with no lock’s disturb. I remembered a fact.
Before half-hour she came to house from her short out. She shut door but didn’t lock, forgot it.
He started trespassing with smooth words. Door was half opened. Man was little surprise from none resistance. I figured man; I didn’t mood at his mild words that was lie. He found me then surprised.
“Bark! Bark! Bark-! I what are you doing this house?”
“Door was just opened. Where is your mistress?”
He choose easy way, didn’t eliminated me. I was acting like foolish dog who readied bark to anyone. “Wait. I’m here!” her sound just popped at gate. I never found its root too but It was hard than before.
“grr-, Trespasser! Trespasser!”
First time he thought his pistol but it was fixed. He was seeing my snarling then decided will using his boots when I attacked him. He didn’t want mess but procedure; He used it his numberless experiences. Bureaucracy, formality demanded paper. If he made any sort of blood, he would write amount of paper than other scenario. It made guard chief hesitate like she had said.
“Trespasser! Trespasser!”
I shouted, was keeping it. He puzzled that I was wolf(was talking in front of him) but seemed very idiot. He wants easy way that generated only several papers but He should find his objective at first. He needed more intellective talk with me.
“A- ‘wolf’, I should talk with your master. I should talk with your master.”
He explained but I was keeping my acting and added more fool motion. I raised my tail than barked.
“Treasure! Can you handle bad dog?”
Guard chief backed from doorjamb then turned with word, called person who named foolishly word.
“I’m not BAD DOG!”
I shouted when He turned to me. He sighed than started think his next good acting. Man may be Treasure squeezed through him that he grasped food.
I was trembling, felt clumsy heart; I was acting against my feeling. I Knew Cohort or guard chief or whatever; they could terrible act with unfair shield which named law even they usually kept their duty. They knew way abuse low as same as they were arrogant.
“What will you do with this one?”
Guard chief said to his man in whisper but I heard well. Human easily overlooked wolf’s ability. I was keeping barking that made they saw to me as idiot and thus ignored me.
“Use food but If it doesn’t work. We can kick it.”
They made conspiracy I heard it. I dog heart got more trembling. Rage or fear, I had two main emotion and I was adjusted to fear. Canine didn’t well pretending but mocking to human it gave advantage to me.
“It is lure!”
He threw a jerky. I shout and prepared against their next action. I backed in silently that they didn’t noticed it, forecasted serious situation.
“If we more hesitate our object just girl may notice our purpose.”
Treasure whispered as glimpsed at me.
“I see. We should not do light waiting before make a mess.”
Guard chief acknowledged. “Stupid thing.” He said as stared me than immediately took action.
“Wait! Wait!”
Her harsh voice came from somewhere. Both men attempted kick me. I dodged but Treasure who wore gunpowder bag and leather bands griped a long iron bar. It was not gun because his musket equipped at his shoulder. Bar struck me.
I wailed. It hit my back. I collapsed then some one’s boot kicked my snout. I bit it. Guard chief shouted. I tried, escaped on whatever way. Out side of gate several cohorts waited behind two guard men, but they didn’t have any sort of mood with me. They were quarreled with many residents.
“Black dog roaming in my house.”
One resident insisted with his horrified face. Others seemed have same problem. What is Black dog? I questioned to my self but had knew truth. She is.
“You should say to match sense.”
One cohort who was talking with resident, he hissed. Small road’s right side, vertical embankment stood in; several house continued through left side. Road was not big. Sun shine only reached at half side of road. Mild shadows chased after people. Their wondering smells blended then filled air. I don’t know what she was doing.
“It popped suddenly. When I was cleaning my house, it appeared then roamed living room. It broke my furniture.”
Hysterical woman said. Others argued same problem. Cohorts gave tiresome look to people. People started more arguing to officers.
“It is eating food in my storage.”
Old man who wore worn clothes said. Cohorts were about to invade and take but they were trapped by problem. Residents were saying they have duty for common that they were gave people’s tax. Arrogant detective should do something for clear but didn’t. I realized its reason.
“Please. We have procedure. We doing some work even now. You should wait.”
One cohort announced; his voice clear that meant their raid failed in half. Residents seemed didn’t accept because their supreme problem was their home; they didn’t care what officers’ present work is. When I decided to slip through half of shadow, someone’s hand approached from my behind.
I dodged and backed. Someone was Guard Treasure; I dare forgot sniffing in my trembling mood. I shocked that I noticed him then his chief; I shouted. Three of live things paused.
“Take down animal.”
Some cohorts said at same time but People stopped their action.
“This isn’t black.”
Residents argued. Dozen officers was making nervous mood as I was slipping through residents feet. They seemed never allow living with black animal. Dozen of armed men were fit for their purpose; they want kicked out animal.
“We should do out all of act in procedure. You citizens are doing over then be calm.”
“We have common’s right.”
If they were black bastard or troop or whatever, they could ignore common. However they were cohorts who have formality and obeyed to law. People said their right. They had vigor because Black dog didn’t make blood but only worrying. Officers never like black if they want do like aristocrat. Thus, they should solve problem only with talking.
“Catch it.”
I escaped from small road as someone shouted my back. I sniffed fresher small from front than before. Escape made me feel good. I turned corner, disappeared from their sight. As a canine, I was afraid to my companion. She taunted cohorts but I didn’t know next. She could Run-away that I was hoping it.
“Four remain with people others go with me. Our girl may know this ruckus’s meaning. We should hurry.”
Guard chief’s voice came through distance that voice rang and spread in buildings. I was keeping my step away from her red house but didn’t know my destination. Unexpected invasion destroyed my new routine like Bronze hall’s well; I felt it.
“Hey! We should catch it.”
I encountered two cohorts; felt this residence’s alleys were labyrinth. I didn’t sniff well alleys. Even wolf’s nose wasn’t perfect. I remembered their hood was twelve that they didn’t all gather at front of her house. Two men might be out line of net. How they heard guard chief’s voice from distance that would try to take me.
“Urgh-! What is- -go away!”
I clung at his chest who say first sentence in front of me. He made little scream then swore. I stuck my fang at his shoulder. He Struggled with more scream, fell down on ground. I earned chunk of flesh.
His colleague deep brown hair man kicked my belly. I wailed as deep as collapsible cohort. Alley side was clam that no one concerned fuss or all of them was out to care their odd black dog. I didn’t want someone’s death that still didn’t want it. However I bit cohort seriously as instinct. I was suitable to punishment.
Man who had bitten gripped his sword with left hand. It was clumsy that I dodged sword. His colleague acted same action but it was right that his main hand. I almost cut to piece.
I attempted to run away from weird calm alley; brown hair fired his musket; my way interrupted. I turned body swiftly. Hurt man grasped his right shoulder with left hand, stared me. I had his flesh draffy in my fang. Brown hair held his empty musket, also he stared me. I felt his anger from miss shot. Brown hair seemed easier target.
I jumped that it was mechanical reaction against menace with threat. When I was flying air, all power had been gathered to my present as muzzle. Brown haired man floundered with his half reloaded musket, then tried to grip sword but it was late. I bit him that made him took down.
I missed his throat. I tore out little part of his body especially shoulder blade. However human was big thing; He resisted that pumped his all power to me. Human hadn’t fang or claw but was two weights than wolf. It was doubtable pact why they forgot their ability then scared but he didn’t.
I expected he would use short sword or pistol; however he struck my head with fist. Unexpected, my all concern at weapons failed. I jerked as was losing my balance. First human thrust knife at me with his raged mind. It wasn’t direct that touched my leg not body but pain was deep. I collapsed and brown hair man kicked me with boots.
“Bad thing. It was not fit to living but death. We shouldn’t catch it. Step aside. I will kill it.”
I stood on bottom; blood smell mild covered air. First cohort said that he get point which could enough to talk. He aimed pistol at my head; it wasn’t empty or half loaded, was full. He hurt, though he could get rest.
I sniffed enormous black powder smell. All part of my nose concern its smell. I thought fire, smell and death. These must expected when death came at me. I doubted that I caused it; this moment seemed indispensable at man and wolf. I was obeyed for my life then unexpected event was taking my all.
It was not sour smell; I saw clearly it. Behind two cohorts, it stood. When human’s finger was dragging trigger, it jumped. I had seen its sinew and muscle twitched quite; it had shown ghastly power. Black thing swooped human.
Gun fired but missed that it hit pavestone in front of me. Black smashed Cohort’s clean shoulder. He collapsed then blood splattered. Another cohort drew his sword, stabbed beast. Black thing was hurt that sword was stuck its left side but didn’t care. It observe man only one second then shoved with teeth; man ripped.
Blood smell filled air. Even canine loved red meat, it was human’s blood. I was feared as it saw me with coal fire eyes. It approached to me. I was backed. Suddenly instinct fully controlled me. I ducked my ears and tucked my tail. Black thing stood before me, its muzzle smeared with blood that was dropping to bottom. As I was cowering, large thing licked my body. She knew me even I was mere animal, but she was awful creature and sour smell made my gut disgusted.
What should I do? I questioned in mind. It was like human’s asking but I thought alike human. Canine sight was Head in low. She was head that I was her low; it was pack which one of human hate words. Even just two creatures stood but pack could be made.
If my heart didn’t bother her, I could like her and obey her. My heart resisted against her licking. It tremor told me in warning. I don’t know its meaning, just knew my mistress was menace creature in now. Black thing was covered by sour and worn leather with hair. Inside of it, burning coal was piled.
“Logan! What is doing?!”
A voice was shouted from away. I recognized him as one of cohort. He might hear gun firing sound. Beast turned head to voice’s direction. I realized what next happening was.
Alley was clam that other sounds’ clearly came from faraway. Houses were ordinary brickworks but I felt weird. A beast decorated weird air.
She had said do not serious thing. First thing wasn’t fearful she did roaming that neighbors screwed cohort hood. Formal bureaucrats should do deal with commons. But second thing was bloody. Though she saved me, she seemed didn’t stop her appetite. It made me was frightened.
I escaped from her care; she examined me; then we split to each other way. She went toward people for gain whatever. I fled from alley and also her house. I didn’t know coal light hid amid of City. I thought I know human well. However, it was broken in this moment.

I was keeping my escape until evening and confirmed this City had no place for wolf. I had watched people and few other wolves when I wandered streets. Finally I lurked on ditch which was opened its iron cover-bar. I was alert to everything.
Ditch’s smell fortunately was not worst and endurable. I didn’t thought my next doing, could withstand until starving but I was carnivore. When I got starving, I should need to meat.
I urged canine’s act. I had seen her; it might be cause of urge. She showed blood that made me was thrilled. The act was carved my vein though I missed it. I learned human’s words and talked with others on it. I could translate my own thought to their words. Because of these habits, I didn’t fully understand my nature.
Night was dark but I still saw clearly. In our mind night was one of day state. I thought coal as I saw landscape of City houses. What did coal light contented? I thought.
I watched man’s approaching. He wore black clothes that it seemed like camouflage for night. Wide rimmed hat hided his face; in his hat white ribbon tied. He was watchman.
He was keeping his approach with his bright lantern. Streetlamp gave not light because this place was far away from it. His lantern was only light that its bright yellow figure weighted at me. Watchman night keeper of city, they did vigilance at dark night for other human. They threw out fear of dark. I noticed his approaching was deliberate.
He didn’t pulled out gun even he had it. He armed lantern in one hand; other hand set on his iron rimmed stick. I didn’t see his face, sniffed smell that it was firmed and well prepared. He seemed bright star amid dark street. It was impressive scene until he stood in front of me.
His action triggers my canine feeling that I jumped toward him. Injured leg sent aching to body. He dodged but only half succeeded then downed with me. I bit his arm then he hit me with stick. Iron rim struck my head that I was angry, climbed few paws on his body then aimed his neck.
“Stop, Pretty p- whatever. I want talk with you.”
He didn’t get fear even his hand covered neck for safety. It was weird. People usually thought they could die when this like canine attack stood on front. He was different. I spent some times to understand his speech then pushed my instinct to back.
“First you should get out from my body. Anyway, are you Celina’s wolf? Celina who working as tailor.”
Watchman said about to my mistress. It never was coincidence on this large City. I was keeping vantage point though his saying contain important thing to me.
“What did you know about my mistress?”
I asked as rebuilt my logic, didn’t know mistress’s relation with other human, thus I’m wondered what he could bring to me.
“I don’t know about you knew Roberui, though Roberui asked me to find daughter’s wolf. He may stand on one of his property if he didn’t go out from his place. If you are fluffy then you should go with me.”
I realized reason of man’s calm feeling that he had good back up or got money as his work pay. Stanger always made me was alert but this time I needed to follow his instruction. Lone wolf could never live on City and he knew Celina my mistress. I unmounted from him but still watched out.
“How did you find me?”
I asked as he stood and struck his dusted clothes. I confused than anytime before now. Stack of matters didn’t be solved.
“Your owner told to me your way.”
He announced and also he concerned his wound then swore. He wielded his stick though it didn’t mean attack. He pointed me with stick’s iron rim then introduced right way.

“Where is my mistress?”
When I arrived gate of empty building, I sniffed mistress smell. Before I hated coal eyes but now this hate was melted like hot ice. I thought my work dog years but didn’t find my love one. Mistress Celina was only one people or thing who could trust me. It was strong string.
“You should question to Roberui but not me.”
Watch man said in his curt feeling. He had muttered he threw away his duty for accede Roberui’s request. He only walked alley to alley before caught a coach that he needed avoid other watchman.
We stood building’s hall that was empty but dark filled it. Building seemed once used some kind of office. But now it was dusty that dust blocked my nose.
“He is there in third story.”
A man who followed from gate, he said Roberui’s site. Other human, a woman his companion ushered through stairs. Man backed to gate. Watchman used boots and I stepped dusty stairs with paws. Paws were smeared by dust. Watchman didn’t care because of boots but I felt became old.
“My workers are excellent people. They always work in their exquisite skill.”
Roberui said to someone in place. It was not far away that was somewhere over its door. Sound made resonance on corridor.
“They are just people a common. If they worked in fish market and used knife for evisceration at fish, I could trust them. However, clothes workers didn’t hard work against our rivals.”
Man sighed. He voice was lately thirty, hard tone. It was little arrogance even in front of friend. I thought he was officer might be cohort.
“I knew your suggestion though I trust my workers. I met these people in my job. I am working over ten years that is enough time to know what my workers are. They are all honest man and woman. I think they are fit for against our bad tax man.”
Roberui’s voice had confidence. I knew short pact about Roberui. He was playful man but also loved his daughter, worked at clothes making business. I had sniffed wide man’s temper that he had acted confident. I thought he was doing something before I met him at first. If it was truth, he might deal same matter.
“People are doing in hard since Claudian’s death. You should concern matters which involved weapon. I doubt your workers deal with these. They are all common but you would do tough matter.”
Hard voice man said. I sniffed his perfume it was cheap. Supreme bureaucrat used good thing which came from far distance. I thought he wasn’t high officer. He might work low duty which used foot. Textile worker woman stood before one of door. She knocked at door in three times.
“Come in.”
Roberui said. Door opened.
“You should clean up your bloody jaw. People hated it.”
He was little unexpected to my entrance, saw my state. Inside office room little furniture stood; two men stood in near by round table. One man was Roberui and other wore cohort’s blue coat.
“He is Uilleam Red market’s sub administrator.”
Roberui introduced him. Cohort examined me. His eyes seemed had small suspicion then thought me-wolf was not good.
“I have better to go in now. I think gave caution enough. I will go to my house then clean up some waste pacts.”
He gave look to Reberui and I then went out through watchman and woman.
“I think you also better to go in now.”
He announced to two people; they went to their direction. He shut door. I saw he wore gray clothes. He made grin to me and said.
“Uilleam is my partner. He and I are working with same purpose.” I didn’t ask it but he just said. “Anyway, what did you doing until saw watch man?”
I was uncomfortable when he said ‘bloody’. Human hated it that I thought Reberui was not exception. He seemed transformed to political face, suddenly.
“I believe you didn’t say Celina’s truth to anyone. But you shouldn’t attack the watchman; I should give him extra pay.”
I shut my snout. I dare don’t say could kill human. He sighed that seemed he wants which thing from me but I didn’t understand his want.
“Come in.”
He once more said same words as he call woman and was preparing something.
“What is doing? Wounded me and your cohort stood in same place. I hate all sort of cohort. I know they like dog catching.”
My mistress popped from other door. She wore worn dress which came from cheap market place. I sniffed her that smell was sour and red wound but she was human in now.
“Office is not one room but separate.”
He hissed. She attempt to say some, however Roberui stopped her. He covered table with white fabric and textile woman was bring food dish. He was making dinner table.
“Are you joking? This is sliver plate.”
She stared food as furrowed when woman disappeared.
“I knew it never give physical harm.”
“But spirit-.”
“You seat.”
They made little quarrel. I looked it. People had tendency that ignored canine at sometime. I tried to sniff that pricey metal smell.
“What is your purpose? I didn’t know. You should say more clearly.”
She asked with displeased mood. She used knife on sparkle plate as she was reluctant. She chewed sliced rare meat. It had fresh blood smell.
“Daughter, I had said I want get more success. I was working hard even in this moment.”
He explained as he chewed meat. He seemed got reluctant feeling. I didn’t determine reason; it was bloody meat or her question. They was keeping eat.
“I know your aim is not become estate agent. Your estate hunting must have other plot. What is your plot?”
Good human meal and talk on bad feeling didn’t match to each other. I sniffed then thought its reason. If they live on problem, ate problem for live seemed fit for them. Complex, human made this world complex.
“Daughter, estate hunting, you get a point. Time will become more unstable. If we get more estate as house and building, we easily go out through these years.”
Father explained. His rogue voice became go warmly as if never care his daughter before. It seemed well dealt with her that she made smile. However smile went to frown.
“Do you say mean I’m your tool? I do amount of thing for you. You said it is good for you and me. But you are doing secretive work. I heard your friend’s arguing. He is right. Baron the tax officer was not easy people, get support by another. If you think me is your- -a tool then you just are keeping your treating.”
Her tongue had throne. His talking made her annoyed. Black revealed her surface. He backed his chair but she gripped his wrist then he paled. I hoped she never care me like this, and appreciated a pact that she ignored me. I thought first meeting with Roberui. There talking might contained this dispute. Tool it seemed have many mean.
“This time have many opportunities.” He squawked. “Did you hear people’s saying?” He questioned. “They are saying common right. It was not claim for neither arrogance class nor superb class but for them.”
He tried fled her gripped but failed, saw her eyes. It glared.
“I don’t care what they say but some people who live in capital they also thought common’s words right. Apparently several potentates and bureaucrats agreed common’s thought. King’s sovereignty is getting weak through starvation, wars and foreign friction. Country seemed faltered.”
He explained carefully but also don’t bother as if it was pleasure thing. He checked her grip that was still strong.
“When A Problem arises, it gives many chaoses. I heard about portent. People who live in capital want occupy their city but they ignore one point. This City is once another capital for countries’ league but still is as large as Capital. City is second on state. If anyone gets support from this city, people will have immense power.”
“Do you think you are plutocrat?”
She asked seriously. She didn’t think he was on joking, looked him as if he was insane. Bright iron lamp seemed last candle piece against her dark.
“Yes, you’re saying right. I’m just rude business man who was not from high class. However, successful plutocrat, He will need many subordinates. Become one of these subordinates is fit for trying. We can gather many things for us.”
He was not insane that he get a clear point from its suspect. His luring voice ended then expectant sight was left. I didn’t know human’s conspiracy but his smell was greedy. It was not proper at father’s treating. It seemed he lurked something before.
“Your saying heard like will extort money from poor.”
She announced then released her grip. Dark appeared many part of her. Her eyes glowed against lamp’s light in coal color. She was not animal or normal human either. She was unpleasant.
“It is nice thing. If you help your father, take down that bad officer; we can get advance.”
He said restarted his dinner.
“That is point. You want me as a tool.”
She tried to grip his wrist once more but this time Roberui fled fast than her speed. She looked at him in indignant face then noticed me.
“We are common sense existences, thus, we show example for this animal. We should not be easy creatures.”
He dragged his chair then seated again. She didn’t concern him. It wasn’t because his words were effective but she looked at me. Coal light eyes looked abnormally sad. She turned her head.
“I accepted your asking but you should assist my searching.”
She made end at her saying. Roberui was chuckled that I didn’t know his real feeling. I don’t understand their phrase and paragraph, only know they have plan and problem. I concentrated her sad that seemed needed to me in now.
They concentrated their dish. She only chooses red meat Roberui choose various foods than her. He grasped bread, took some vegetable to his dish and take a sip of drink. I had confirmed his disguise before, tried sniff inside of his wide chuckle. Inside thing made she sad.
After long dinner Roberui made more chuckles; she called me at front of her foot. “See you later” He said as he disappeared. She wasn’t dark this time: I detected her dark was resolved. She petted my head in calm touch.
“He think, if he control you, I can be handled easily.”
She said to me. I upped my head as saw her eyes. It was scared motion at dog but I was trying it. Eye was one of search equipment and also door of order’s feeling. Dogs read brief actions to each other such anger, subjection and domination. It meant I want ‘see’ you, was rude behavior.
Want?
I questioned to myself on my mind, thus, I read ‘want’ from her I eyes. She had plan as like roberui. I wondered what blacky want from its heart or her tender red heart.
“Before we do whatever, I should care you. Give your leg to me. I will rub ointment then bandage in your leg.”
She worried me while she did her care. At this moment, reason of her sadness seemed my wound. She had saved me. However, its time also was scared thing in my heart.
 “I want said something.”
She stood as putted her chair to table. She scratched my back in smooth finger nail then putted leftover dishes on bottom. “Eat, I knew your hungry stomach.” She said. I sniffed meat that mixed cold blood and sour also sweet sauce. I ate it. It wasn’t fit for my appetite but I was hungry. Foods immediately disappeared to my belly. I felt little lazy after eating.
“Go with me.”
She said. Sound of opening door was creaking sort. Its resonance was spreading form hinge in rat speed. In side of room seemed red brown wood(I only did assume, because canine was color blind). End upped dinner table; light of iron lantern; three drawers stood in it. I always examined about around thing. It wasn’t difficult to wolf kind. Human said it was over power; I thought It was some times right. I wanted only felt her smell would hear only her word. She made smell of companion in now.
“I’m finding a thing.”
She was working night street. This street was small upland in Red market. Wide market place and two story long shop houses were spread on its borough. Most structures was black but few building was lighting She said these is inn.
“This is book. I didn’t know its name but I know several contents. It was book for beast.”
“yip-? Beast?”
I squawked like rat or cat. Several gleaming building was looked immense. Wolves easily caught light in night.
“The book is for me. Apparently, it contents beast’s origin and history and also reason of existence.”
She said subdued voice.
“Do you call blacky is beast?”
I questioned. This moment some canine action was recommended. However, I more pleased in human language. I used many words of this than my instinct. I thought.
“Anyhow, I didn’t hear its name. I’m just call beast to myself.”
She said as slowed her step. It was little declaring.
“I choose you before because your one of ridiculous animal.”
She stopped and half turned. She looked me in her concern. She wasn’t sad than before.
“Why I’m ridiculous animal?”
I asked just simply. I’m not funny because my working dog years were hard. Six year and more, I used one of three parts life.
“Because of you have some human pieces at your spirit. Your not fully act alike dog.”
She said. It was unpleasant words. I’m not human even I obeyed them. Instinct and feeling, they tugged me every time. They were from my vein from our kind’s old time. People hated wolf but we were proud at our kind. If we never went forest, we knew its smell.
“I’m not.”
“No, I say right point. You know people’s words and learned amid people’s City which one of most civilized place. Experience is important because everything become it. Fabric‘s feeling, rose’s smell and this landscape; you knew these. My saying is like experience. Become, we know some, thus, this are included as piece of us.”
Her saying seemed was a teasing. If I contained ‘human’ part, why did I bother it? Her words were what but I was four legged animal, wolf.
“Originally wolf didn’t say anything in old past. Your special kind was brought from far land, and has ability to talk with people. It is weird. Weird is ridiculous in your case. People say talking wolf’s chat is full of broken language.”
She taunted me. Wolf kind was trying to live with people even in now. They ignored almost our habits. We endured inconvenience in many times for tuned their standard. I hated her words, regretted at give submission to her, suddenly.
“You are- animal.”
I hissed like bark.
“Do you think want to find your ability’s origin? What kind of forest taught talking to wolf? My plan is like those answer. If I knew my self, I may don’t say beast to myself.”
After my anger, I had question but it wasn’t sort of really ask. Is she human or another than each other side? Is she dreadful mix? I didn’t know.
“You may find author use your moneys. I had heard commercial finders who work at finding whatever.”
I said.
“It is from so old time. Author, scripts and place forgot or disappeared but book remain. I know it even if it is some kind of belief.”
She explained as bowed little. She putted her hands on each thigh. It seemed her concernment. My eyes and her eyes closed. She may want say important thing.
“You want go forest which was real and deep. I went there in few times but not this time. I will go with you to there later but-.”
She stood, didn’t bow. I looked up to her that her finger pointed to somewhere. I stood in night but my vision was clear. She pointed darkened city. It wasn’t just about The city but pointed one building that was large and marble work.
“It seemed a needle in haystack that be finding on wide world. However, I should find book. I felt it. I don’t know Roberui give useful help to me. I requested you, help me. We can start about this Archive.”
She turned face to me then we looked at this large building. Dark spread to whole place but I didn’t care.

Black howl Copyright by Kardien Lupus. kardienlupus@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment